Thursday, October 26, 2006

Grey's Anatomy - every colour but red

So Grey's Anatomy, one of my favorite shows on TV.

What bothers me with this show, is all the native artwork on the walls of the rooms. Actually that isn't what bothers me, what bothers me is the nice white, black, and asian doctors, the nice variety of colours/ethnicity. How every colour, culture is represented by people, except for First Nations. We get regulated to being the wall art.

What is with that? Why aren't we worth equal?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's Seattle...

The only artwork worth its salt is the Native stuff.

;-)

:eric

Karen said...

I don't watch that show but it would definitely be cool and is much needed to have some Native American characters on TV.

By the way, nice blog.

http://solshine7.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

Just wanted to add that the art is part of our voice. Although it would be nice for there to be Native Actors on the set... the fact that they respect our people by displaying our art for the world to see is beautiful. I find it as a baby step in the right direction. They are supporting local artists and traditions. They are also opening the door so that the world can see the peaks into the beauty of our art and culture.

You can always find the bad as well as the good in all situations! ;)

Name: Jasmine Perey said...

do you know where I can get some art like that?

Anonymous said...

Interesting story you got here. I'd like to read something more concerning this topic. Thanx for posting that information.
Joan Stepsen
Tech and gadgets